You need a Roomba--a robot that vacuums for you.
It has changed my life. Truly. I love to walk barefoot. I hate feeling dust under my feet. Living in apartment with dark hardwood floors, every piece of white fur glares at you. Having a dog track in particles from outside is awful for any OCD person. Normally, I'd spend a half hour every couple days vacuuming. Not anymore.
Here are the ways in which the Roomba enhances my life:
- It vacuums fine particles of dust that a regular vacuum, including a Dyson, leaves behind.
- I can turn it on, leave, and come home to clean floors. It finds its way back to the dock to recharge.
- It tells me when I need to empty the bin, which is easy to do.
- It picks up all the trace litter from the litter box.
- It picks up pet hair. And is good at it.
- It picks up dirt particles brought in from outside.
- It enables me to not cringe at the thought of company walking around in shoes. When they leave, I just run the Roomba. No effort.
- It makes my home less allergenic; its HEPA filters work very well.
- It has a remote control, which makes me feel like a kid playing with toy cars.
- It moves seamlessly between wood, Spanish tile, slate, and wool rugs.
- And fits under all my furniture--bed, couch, credenza, coffee table, nightstands--things I'd normally not move order to clean with an upright vacuum cleaner.
- It forces me to pick things off the floor (shoes, pet toys, fallen blankets), making me a neater person overall.
It's expensive. Really expensive. But it'll save you so much time.
Lastly, who wouldn't want this form of entertainment? It was a major motivating factor for me.
Go get yourself a Roomba. You'll thank me.